Friday, July 21, 2006

adventure club - I am the gate


WOWSERS!

How good was Adventure yesterday afternoon? I can actually answer my own question by saying "IT WAS TOTALLY AMAZING AND I LOVED IT", I maybe even loved it more than the kids, and they really loved it. I do think I am the biggest kid of all though, I was so excited.

We started off with a new song called "The Farmyard Shuffle" and then we did some line dancing - well done Dusk ;). We had REAL LIVE DUCKS! And then we had a totally cool skit by Farmer Bill (did I mention I loved cows) and Clarence the Cow about Jesus being the gate "I am the gate" that it is through Jesus we are saved and safe ;) It gave me goosebumps because I was so excited and the kids were totally into it. The gospel was presented clearly and the kids loved it. We then went and had our lesson based on that same passage in John 10, followed by making little woolie sheep.

It was so much fun and I am so excited, we had 32 kids there. Up until our mission in December 05 we regularly had about 9 kids - so to have 32 is amazing, all glory goes to our Lord and God who has brought all these new kids along. Continue to pray for Adventure Club and the little kiddies who come along, that their hearts might be softened and that Jesus might become their Lord and God and that God would continue to hold them as his children.

13 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

WOW! - sounds amazing! Praise God for all you leaders...

Fri Jul 21, 09:45:00 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

You leaders are all fantastic. The kids loved it yesterday - the place was buzzing (no allusion to my husband there!) - I'm going to be 'pushing' it again next week at scripture - might interview one of the kids that went - hopefully some more will join.

Thanks all you leaders.

Fri Jul 21, 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

yeah that would be cool Ruth, the more the merrier, we were missing some kids but hopefully it was just the rain keeping them away. 32 kids though - how totally cool.

Fri Jul 21, 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

That sounds great! IIt is so cool to hear about your ministry and reaching more kids!

Fri Jul 21, 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

its pretty exciting Priscilla - we are loving it ;)

Fri Jul 21, 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger sophg said...

32 kids is insane! Looks great! What a blessing. Tell Jane she's a week late with the flannelette.

Fri Jul 21, 02:18:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Thanks lovely - it is so exciting

I will tell Jane ;)

Fri Jul 21, 02:33:00 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

Hey Nix!

thanks for taking a look-see at my blog! I'm so hopeless though at keeping it up to date and writing anything interesting, but now that I have such a valued audience member, I may try harder!!!

Adventure Club looks awesome! Great job!! I loved your costume, and the whole thing just looked fantastic!!

Praise God :-)

Fri Jul 21, 11:48:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Thanks Jo.

I will checking out your blog and look forward to hearing what you have to say on 10,000

Sun Jul 23, 05:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Sun Aug 06, 12:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Thu Aug 10, 11:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Fri Aug 11, 07:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Thu Aug 17, 03:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home