Wednesday, July 19, 2006

adventure club


I am so excited about Adventure Club, it ws nice to have a little break but I am now looking forward to seeing all the little ones again. We start back tomorrow.

This term the theme is "On the Farm", all the team have done an amazing job. Kerryn and Jane are absolute legends and guess what?..... WE HAVE REAL LIVE DUCKS AND BABY CHICKENS. How totally cool is that. I am so excited.

Obviously what I am more excited about is the chance we have to share God's word with these little ones, what a joy and pleasure it is to be able to share what Christ our Savour has done for us.

Please pray that many more kids might come along this term, the promotion and advertising has been amazing (yet again by Kerryn) and so we are prayful that this term might see more kids coming down to the "Barn".. Work with me here - it is "Down on the Farm" you know.

God can do amazingly more than we could ever imagine and he has already done amazing things at Adventure Club this year, remember to thank him for that. Please pray for us leaders that we might be faithful at preparing each week and that God's word might be taught with clarity and excitement that would keep them listening. Pray for the little ones that their hearts might be open to hearing the message we bring them and also pray for the parents who come who might not have a relationship with God, pray they also might be open to hearing the message of our Lord and God.

Well, I need to go and practice my Hillbilly Ho Down. PLEASE PRAY.

13 Comments:

Blogger kez said...

I am praying Farmer Nix!

You are such a sweety being so excited. I'm glad it's not just me! And it's nearly time....

Thu Jul 20, 12:06:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Yeha - howdy do Kez, I really can't wait, I have my Uggs, my flannel shirt and my straw hat. Got my book skooting boogie legs on - I am ready to go ;)

Thu Jul 20, 12:30:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

My boys are really excited about it too.

(so are some of the kids in my scripture class)

Thu Jul 20, 12:36:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

thats so cool Ruthie, look forward to seeing you too of course ;)

Thu Jul 20, 12:45:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

How cool was adventure club today? It absolutely rocked. Well done my hillbilly friend! You and the team of adventurers are fantastic. Thanks so much, my boys and their friends are loving it.

Thu Jul 20, 08:44:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

It was totally awesome, post to follow soon. I loved it and I loved seeing all the little kiddies, I rally did have a great time..

'A' was so cute, he really was my little chum for the day. He came up to me and told me we could make a sheep together and share it, at the end he said he would look after it for the first week and then I could have it the next week. So cute ;)

Fri Jul 21, 09:13:00 AM  
Blogger CraigS said...

twas awesome

Fri Jul 21, 09:24:00 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Yeah - he told me I have to look after it this week, so you can have it next week!

Fri Jul 21, 09:33:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

how cute is he, he just came and sat on my lap and was my little friend - I loved it ;)

Fri Jul 21, 09:35:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

When I told him he shoudl look after it for the first week incase I forgot, he told me I could write myself a little note on paper to remind me - HOW CUTE! Managed to persuade him to keep it though that was if he forgets, I can just come and pick it up after Adventure Club.

Fri Jul 21, 09:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Sat Jul 22, 12:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Sun Aug 13, 03:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Fri Aug 18, 06:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home