Monday, July 03, 2006

Disappointment

I am sure as you all know by now, England got knocked out of the World Cup this weekend. I stayed up until 4am to watch the game, which ended in a penatly shoot-out. I am disappointed as I am sure all my Aussie friends understand, BUT we should have scored and didn't, we should have held our nerve but didn't. I think we played a good game, even with 10 men in the second half, infact I think we actually played better with 10 men.
The two things I am more disappointed about are the refereeing in this tornament and the gamesmenship (or lack of). The show pony players/divers in some of the teams, particlarly Ronaldo who playe for Portugal, drives me insane. I think the referees have a hard job but at the same time at this level FIFA should have world class referees or (my new thought) a video referee, at least for penatly box fouls?? What do you think?
Clearly I am passionate about this sport and am disappointed England got knocked out BUT as I said I am more disappointed in the lack of great referees and the lack of gamesmenship.

1 Comments:

Blogger Giraffe Pen (기린 만년필) said...

It's a shame that Beckham has resigned as English captain (which he did this afternoon).

Mon Jul 03, 07:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home