Friday, July 07, 2006

One year since the London bombings


It's hard to believe that it is already a year since the London bomb attacks. I remember it like yesterday. I remember a few of my Aussie friends texting and calling to see if I was watching the TV. I remember trying to contact my friends and not being able to reach them because the phone lines were blocked. I remember feeling attacked. I remember wanting to be home to give all my family and friends a hug. I remember my Mum telling me for the first time she was glad I was in Sydney and not in London. I remember waiting anxiously to hear from my many friends to tell me they were OK. I remember being sad. I remember watching the news in disbelief. I remember frantically calling SP at bible study to tell him what had happened. I remember reading emails from my friends, telling me their story of what happenend to them on that awful morning. I remember being a little fearful about flying home two weeks later.

Let us remember in our prayers the families and friends who lost loved ones in this terrible tragedy. Let's remember that the victory over evil has already been won through Christ's death and resurrection. Let's remember that the people that do this kind of evil will one day stand before our holy God, they will give an account of what they did and that true justice will prevail. Amen!

6 Comments:

Blogger Des said...

time passes so quickly...

Fri Jul 07, 01:18:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

it certainly does my lovely dusk!

Fri Jul 07, 01:41:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I can't believe it's a year already. That went really fast. Glad you're with us Nixter.

Fri Jul 07, 03:13:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

I know, it was hard to believe it had been that long...

Fri Jul 07, 03:25:00 PM  
Blogger Giraffe Pen (기린 만년필) said...

It seems like more than a year to me.

Fri Jul 07, 11:40:00 PM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

I can relate. It sounds like you are describing us Americans on 9/11. Do you realize that in September, it is 5 years ago already? Our niece was working just blocks from the towers that day. It seemed so sureal.

Sun Jul 09, 12:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home