Friday, July 14, 2006

taken for granted


On the bus to work this morning I was thinking about the many things God has given me which I can take for granted, the things that we might not think about each morning or be thankful for.

Thankful for the very breath God has given me.
Thankful for the eyes which give me sight and allow me to see the many wonderful things God has created around me.
Thankful for the ears and hearing I have to hear the noises around me.
Thankful for my arms and legs, that I am able to walk to the bus and get to work with no difficulty and that I can hold on to the bar on the bus so I don't fall over if the bus man breaks too quickly.

There are many people in this world not as fortunate as I. I think it can be so easy to forget these simple yet important things that we can do everyday because we are able, lets be thankful for the bodies in which God has given us and let us use all these things to serve him.

9 Comments:

Blogger CraigS said...

great pix!

Fri Jul 14, 01:15:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

thanks ;)

Fri Jul 14, 01:32:00 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Totally agree. I walked passed a young woman in a wheelchair and felt instantly ashamed of my 'take-for-granted' attitude.

Thanks for the reminder.

Fri Jul 14, 02:07:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Anytime, I need to be more thankful for those things we just do because we can without even thinking about it.

Fri Jul 14, 02:26:00 PM  
Blogger RodeoClown said...

I got in trouble once* for suggesting that it might be cool to be in a wheelchair, because people would always be falling over themselves to help you and you get to wheel around everywhere.


*about a fortnight ago

Fri Jul 14, 04:24:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

tut tut tut Rodeo ;)

Fri Jul 14, 04:31:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I heard in a sermon - years and years ago - that we only ever pray about our teeth when we have a toothache - but as we use our teeth every day - mainly without toothache - it seems a bit sad we don't thank God that our teeth are fine so often. Same with our nose - we don't realise how well it works until we get a cold and it doesn't work so well!!

I thank God for my teeth and nose!

Fri Jul 14, 11:59:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

That's lovely Ruth. I like it.

Mon Jul 17, 09:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Sat Jul 22, 12:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home