Friday, August 18, 2006

i believe in Jesus and a trip to the emergency room

yes it is an interesting title and it's been an interesting night, you might want a coffee or tea before you read this....

Part One

The day started off as normal (it's now 1am - way past my bedtime) I went to work and left to go to Adventure Club as normal. I arrived at church totally excited as I missed the kids last week as I was off sick. I had my lesson planned, but was a little nervous, we played some games, had a little skit and then I did my talk to my lovely little group of K-Year 2s. They listened attentively to my talk on "I am the bread that gives life! No one comes to me will ever be hungry" and "The Feeding of the 5,000". It was cool to see them so excited I totally talked the talk up and got their attention. I will write more about the talk tomorrow - well it is tomorrow so I guess later.

One little boy called Thomas - who shall we say, can be a little naughty (and that's probably being generous) was really into it. After I had finished the talk we did a craft and made some "I am thankful for ......" notes to put in our "I am the bread that gives life" slice of bread they drew on and coloured. I started asking questions based on my talk about who gives eternal life? what does it mean to have eternal life? how many people did Jesus feed with 5 loaves and 2 fish? etc. Anyhoo Thomas started asking me all these questions:

Will Jesus and God be in heaven? What will we look like in heaven? and a bunch more great questions. I explained there would be no more hurting or pain in heaven that if we believe in Jesus Christ and trust him we will go to heaven. He turned to me with a big smile and true earnestness and said "I believe in Jesus". Now you have got to understand this is a major breakthrough with this little boy - it just melted my heart, I nearly burst into tears because the whole conversation was just beautiful and an amazing way to see our God at work. Everything is possible with him.

Part Two

After Adventure Club I had a lovely night with Han, Ruth, Kym and Aimee. We had dinner at Ruth's and then we watched a girlie movie, it was lovely to hang out with these girls and catch up..

The beautiful Kym told me she would drive me home as SP was playing squash, so on our way home at about 10pm I got a call from SP who said he had hurt his achilles tendon and needed to go to the hospital - yikes. Kym dropped me home, 5 minutes later someone came and picked me up to take me to SP at the squash courts as he couldn't drive, I drive him to the hospital and he is now in a cast and is staying over night. It looks like he has either ruptured or torn this tendon which will probably mean an operation tomorrow and then 6 or more weeks in a cast. He has to stay overnight to get an ultrasound in the morning which will show them what the best course of action will be. I left him there in the not so "Hilton" type hospital room - poor fella ;(

Please pray for him that the ultrasound might not be as bad as expected and that they will be able to repair the damage effectively and completely. Please pray he might not be in too much pain. Please pray the "extremely important" meeting he was meant to be running tomorrow at work won't cause to many problems. Please pray for me as this will be my first big "take care of my hubby when he is injured" challenge, pray for patience, love, understanding and kindness - oh heck pray for all the fruits of the Spirit ;)

Herein lies the end of my busy day - this little chica must head off to bed, it's 1.30am...

11 Comments:

Blogger Priscilla said...

Oh dear! These kinds of things always turn our lives upside down, don't they? It is your chance to minister to SP...the way only a wife can.

Will pray for his physical comfort and healing.

Fri Aug 18, 05:39:00 AM  
Blogger Nix said...

Yeah they can. Thanks for your encouragement and prayers Priscilla ;)

Fri Aug 18, 07:37:00 AM  
Blogger CraigS said...

Prayed for you guys Nixter

Fri Aug 18, 08:33:00 AM  
Blogger onlinesoph said...

in sickness and in health huh? :)

hope he gets better soon and praying for you guys.

Fri Aug 18, 09:15:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Thanks Craig and Soph.

In sickness and in health indeed, let's hope I play the whole "in sickness" part out in a way that is pleasing to God.

UPDATE: Looks like it could be 12 weeks in a cast ;(

Fri Aug 18, 09:32:00 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Oh, Nixter. I'm so sorry to hear about that. I will be praying for you both. Keep us posted.

Fri Aug 18, 09:43:00 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

The boys and I prayed on the way to school this morning - and we will keep praying for you and SP.

Fri Aug 18, 10:29:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

thanks Tracy and Ruth

Fri Aug 18, 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger RodeoClown said...

I had a knee reconstruction about 3 months after Jen and I were married. Our place was down two flights of stairs and then up a flight to the living room/kitchen. I got very good at crutches.

Jen was a great blessing.

Look out for SP. I'm sure you'll do a good job.

Fri Aug 18, 02:15:00 PM  
Blogger jnibby said...

I hope things go well.

Fri Aug 18, 05:08:00 PM  
Blogger Nix said...

thanks for that Rodeo - you got through it so can we.

Hope I am blessing to SP and Jen was to you ;)

Sat Aug 19, 08:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home