Friday, August 25, 2006

i just arrivd back from the land of narnia


Noooooooooo, I am not crazy and I am not mad . Last week when SP was in hospital I decided to read the Narnia series. I just received all of the books that my Nan brought me 20 years ago. A friend from England came for a visit and brought them out for me :)

So, I got on the bus this morning and started reading The Magician's Nephew and was transported into the world of Narnia. I love it when a book sucks you in and it's like you are not on the bus travelling to work with a bunch of other people but you are ACTUALLY with Digory and Polly riding swiftly on Fledge in the world of Narnia on the mission that Aslan has sent you on. I have loved reading this first one, I either never read it or don't remember it at all but how Aslan brings the world into existence is amazing.. I love it I love it I love it.

I have almost finished this one and actually when the bus stopped I was like - 'Oh yeah I am on the bus and I have to go to work', that waking up from almost being in another world. I am excited to read the other books and to one day read these books to my own kids.

Have a super Friday :)

15 Comments:

Blogger RodeoClown said...

I am excited to read the other books and to one day read these books to my own kids.

Why not read them to SP while he is incapacitated?

I read all the books to Jen since before we were married (we only finished this year... whoops).

We read the Horse and his Boy on our honeymoon.

It was really nice.

I bought a compilation of all of them in one book and coloured in all the pictures for Jen too.

Fri Aug 25, 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger SamR said...

I'm reading prince caspian at the moment. It's so good. They're so quick to read too.

Fri Aug 25, 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

That's a great idea Rodeo, one I would never have thought of. How sweet you are for doing that :)

I love that they are so quick to read too Sam. Enjoy

Fri Aug 25, 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger RodeoClown said...

I read through all of them in two nights when I was younger.

It did take a fair chunk of those two nights though :)

Fri Aug 25, 10:59:00 AM  
Blogger Lairdy said...

I try and read all 7 each year - they're just that good. Personal favourite - The Silver Chair

Fri Aug 25, 12:12:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

good job Rodeo and Lairdy. Every year huh - wow

Fri Aug 25, 01:08:00 PM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

I think The Magician's Nephew was probably one of my favorites. I read it aloud to my children and that is what sold then on Narnia. They were hooked!

Fri Aug 25, 01:30:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

yeah it's a good one, I only have a few pages to go and then I go into The Lion, the With and the Wardrobe. WOO HOOT :)

Fri Aug 25, 01:32:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I haven't read them in many years. I used to have a full copy of the series, but i don't know what happened to them. Now, with the movie out, they have gotten expensive to buy a set.

I liked the one with Reepicheep the mouse the best. Wasn't that the one where Edmund was turned to a dragon? I liked that tale a lot.

Fri Aug 25, 03:01:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Not sure Tracy but I will for sure let you know when I get to that one. Will look out for the little fella Reepicheep :)

Fri Aug 25, 03:19:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I love the Silver Chair best too - although 'The Horse and His Boy' is a close 2nd.

I've read some of them to my two older boys - but then 'A' started reading ahead!!! :-(

I'll start again soon....

Fri Aug 25, 08:15:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I love to read aloud to just about anyone who will listen. And children are generally the ones who are most interested. :o)

Sat Aug 26, 08:09:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

I am into LWW at them moment - very exited to learn how the wardrobe came to be :)

Sat Aug 26, 10:16:00 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

I started reading "the Chronicles" at the beginning of the year in preparation for the C.S.Lewis conference at CASE. Unfortunately, in the end I couldn't go to the conference, but it was a great read nonetheless!!

I agree with you Tracy, my favourite is "The Voyage of the Dawntreader"

Sat Aug 26, 04:42:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

I love LWW but am looking forward to reading all the ones I have never read ;) Oh well shouldn't take me long as they don't take long to get through.

Sun Aug 27, 02:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home