Friday, August 11, 2006

refine me

Last weekend I went to pick up all of my Christian CDs that I haven't had in Australia for about 18 months, I had put them all on my iPod before I left England and then after about 6 months of being here I 'accidently' deleted them all - I know I know, silly me.. So anyhoo, my friend came over from England in February and left some of my books and most of my Christian CDs at her Mum's house (she is actually Australian and just married a Brit). SP and I finally got around to picking them up last weekend and it has been such a delight to listen to some of my favourite CDs. Jennifer Knapp is probably one of my favourites and as I was listening to her Kansas album, the words of this song really struck me:

Refine Me Lyrics

I come into this place
Burning to receive your peace
I come with my own chains
From wars I've fought for my own selfish gain
You're my God and my Father
I've accepted your Son
But my soul feels so empty now
What have I become?

Lord, come with your fire,
Burn my desires; refine me
Lord, my will has deceived me
Please come and free me
Refine me

My heart can't see
When I only look at me
My soul can't hear
When I only think of my own fears
They are gone in a moment
You're forever the same
Why did I look away from You
How can I speak Your name?

Lord, come with Your fire,
burn my desires; refine me
Lord, my will has deceived me
Please come and free me
Come rescue this child
For I long to be reconciled to You

It's all I can do
To give my heart and soul to You
And pray, and pray, oh I will pray

Lord, come with Your fire,
burn my desires; refine me
Lord, my will has deceived me
Please come and free me
Come rescue this child
For I long to be reconciled to You

Refine me, refine me
Refine me, refine me

Jennifer Knapp - Kansas


What a great song to sing to our God!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

I like Jennifer Knapp too. Her songs are so edgy and lyrics of dependence on God. Thanks for sharing those lyrics. I like that song and knew the gist of it, but had never really looked at all the lyrics.

Tue Aug 15, 07:13:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Yeah she is amazing Tracy, I have two of her albums and just love the words to nearly all of her songs, glad yoiu liked looking at the words ;)

Tue Aug 15, 09:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home