Wednesday, August 16, 2006

routine, routine! wherefore art thou routine?

I am highly surprised by this new revelation of myself. I am not really too much of a routine girl, more of a fly by the seat of my pants kinda girl. But this week my whole morning routine has been thrown into disarray!

SP has got a job he has to work on in the city at a client's office so he has to leave a lot earlier than I do. This is our 'normal' morning routine:

We wake up at 7am, I have a shower while SP turns on the coffee machine and irons anything we need ironing (I have such a helpful husband). Then SP has a shave and shower while I get ready and then I go and make our lunches and our breakfast. Once SP is ready he comes and makes us coffee. We sit down eat breakfast and then clean our teeth and off we toodle in the car, pick up SP's Irish work mate drive to Neutral Bay and then I get a bus into the city.

my new temporary routine...

SP gets up, gets ready and does his own thing, he kisses me good-bye (I am still in bed) and gets the bus to the city. I get up at the usual time and do my own little thing all by myself then I walk to catch the bus into the city... We both get our own breakfast and lunches.

This new regime just doesn't feel right, Oh well, it's only for two weeks.

One plus of this new temporary routine is that I have lots of praying time on the bus - horrah. I got to pray for lots of people this morning ;)

Routine, Routine! Wherefore art thou Routine?

What little routines do you have that you would be lost without?

17 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

I love my morning routine! 6am wake up, shower, breakfast, brush teeth et al, then out the door by 7.

Wed Aug 16, 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

yeah, I think routine in the morning is good.

Wed Aug 16, 12:00:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

That is sad that you have to be separate in the morning now. Denis and I have never worked the same hours. That is the great dream in our house, to have the same schedules so that we can have a routine like yours...

I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kind of person too. :o)

Wed Aug 16, 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

us fly by the seat of our pants girls are alright Tracy ;)
Maybe one day you will Tracy ;)

Wed Aug 16, 12:44:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

we have been praying and Denis has been looking for a day job, but so far no leads.

Wed Aug 16, 03:14:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

will pray for you guys ;)

Wed Aug 16, 03:31:00 PM  
Blogger onlinesoph said...

I don't have a routine, but I base my entire car trip to work by what's on the radio. Every morning I listen to one song from my CD (currently Third Day), then I turn to Adam Spencer at 702 for half the trip. I always switch to 2day FM for Jackie O's "O news" and at 7:30-35ish and then back to 702 in time for the bulletin and Virginia Trioli.

This morning I was running late, so I was really thrown into disarray when Vriginia Trioli on 702 came on and I was only up to Carlingford Rd...she always comes on when I'm 10min from work! It felt wrong!

Wed Aug 16, 03:36:00 PM  
Blogger onlinesoph said...

PS. thanks for sharing your morning routine. I have to admit that what I'm looking forward to most about getting married is having a morning routine with someone!

And what a legend SP is for doing the ironing and making you coffee:)

Wed Aug 16, 03:39:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

lol Soph, nice routine. yeah it is fun having someone to do a routine with - SP is totally a legend and so helpful. He really does help me around the house which is so nice ;)

Thanks for sharing your 'radio' routine too ;)

Wed Aug 16, 04:20:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

My morning routine is way to complex to write here - just factor in a lot less travel than everyone else - and four boys who aren't too good at getting themselves dressed, nor getting their own brekky (unless I want major mess).

It's a huge effort to get to school by 9 - but we make it most mornings...We were spot on 9 this morning, but tomorrow is 'B's teacher's birthday, so we need to be out significanlty earlier to pick up some flowers for her.....

Wed Aug 16, 08:35:00 PM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

I don't have a routine anymore because the kids are on the summer break. They go back to school in about 3 weeks. I'm feeling a great need to be back on a regular schedule.

Thu Aug 17, 02:51:00 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Ruth - I found a memory verse for your boys in the morning:

1 Cor. 15:51 - "Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed"

Thu Aug 17, 06:50:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

thats lovely Ruth that you got the teacher some flowers - very sweet and thoughtful. Can't wait to see you and the boys later and hang out..

LOL Nice verse Mark ;)

Priscilla I like morning routine...

Thu Aug 17, 09:08:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

I bet it is hectic getting your self and four boys ready in the morning Ruth, big job.

Thu Aug 17, 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

ROFL Mark!!

Yeah - hectic is one way of describing it. I woke up exceptionally early this morning - which gives me a good start on the day....but we got locked out of the house, so that's not so good!!!!!!

Flowers were bought and delivered, and we were early to school as well - bonus!

Thu Aug 17, 01:00:00 PM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Mark,
At the baptist church I attended years ago, that very verse was hanging over the door of the nursury!

Thu Aug 17, 01:11:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

good job Ruth.

That's funny Priscilla ;)

Thu Aug 17, 01:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home