Tuesday, August 22, 2006

teach me O Lord

I have been out of the loop for a while and so thought I would give you a quick update. SP or Scoot ;) is out of hospital now, he had his operation on Saturday and got out on Sunday - woo hoo. I have taken the last two days off to look after him, he is getting the hang of the crutches after he fell at the top of the stairs at the hosptial, thankfully he fell backwards and didn't hurt himself.
falling down concrete stairs = not nice.
Thankfully the operation was a success and it looks like he might only be in the cast the lesser amount of time (maybe 6-8 weeks) instead of 12 weeks. We go to see the surgeon in two weeks so will find out more then.
Please pray for patience and fast healing for Scoot and pray that I would be open to learn all the things God wants to teach me through this..
Just on the phone to my old housemates from London, one is from New Zealand (she just got back from a mission in Argentina) and the other is a Brit, so must go and chat.

5 Comments:

Blogger hicko said...

Good to hear things are promising. If it helps, I have most Mondays off and can help out by keeping him company for a while if needed.

Tue Aug 22, 09:37:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I'm glad to hear that the surgery went smoothly. I will be praying for you both during recovery.

Wed Aug 23, 09:38:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

thanks Ray and thanks heaps Tracy, really appreciate that ;)

Wed Aug 23, 11:00:00 AM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

I've been out of the loop too. Glad to hear that he is doing well.

Fri Aug 25, 01:37:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

thanks Priscilla :)

Fri Aug 25, 01:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home