Monday, August 14, 2006

the weekend

SP and I had a lovely weekend, here is a breakdown of what we got up too.

Friday night we just chilled out at home and relaxed, SP was pretty tired after a busy week at work, we both spoke to our grandparents, I called mine in England. It was quite an emotional chat with mine as my Nan is pretty sick and my Gan-Gan is spending a lot of time looking after her. There were lots of tears but it was good to speak with them, I both look forward and am apprehensive to see them in December I know my Nan will have changed both physically, due to her meds and mentally as she has a form of dementure which is getting worse and worse. But I think the hardest thing is knowing that they don't know the Lord, it breaks my heart to know that. I pray that this trip SP and I might have an opportunity to talk to them about our faith and our relationship with God.

Saturday we got up and drove 2 hours to Newcastle which is up on the central coast, we went to spend some time with a childhood friend of Scott's and his wife. It was such a lovely weekend, the sun was shining and so we decided to go to the Hunter Valley (I love it there), we went for lunch and then we did some wine tasting. It was also challenging as they are not Christians and they are actually quite "anti" Christian, they don't really understand and Mark has seen such change in Scott that it has affected their relationship. I managed to talk to Mark's wife a little bit about 'my values' and about why I choose to do things a particular way because of my faith. She finds it amazing that SP and I didn't live together before we were married, so I try to use these times to explain a little bit why we live life like we do but I haven't gotten around to talking through the whole Two Ways To Live explanation of Christianity or anything. I am not sure where to begin or how to start. Gabe has written a post on this at the same time as I have been thinking about sharing my faith. It's hard as I don't know this couple very well at all so to just bombard them with what I believe and why in their own home is hard BUT I see their real need to know God personally and so need to pray through ways in which I can express it and share it given their obvious dislike of Christianity - suggestions are welcome.

Sunday was another beautiful day, I almost got panda eyes:

sun and sunglasses and no sunscreen = potential panda eyes = not a good look

But it's the middle of winter I tell myself, in England you would never catch the sun out in winter, you are lucky to see the sun in summer let alone winter.

Anyhoo, we drove to a little place on Lake Macquarie to have lunch with Mark's parents, it was beautiful there and it was where we spent two nights of our honeymoon so it was nice to go back. We travelled home and went to church that evening to hear a great sermon by Dominic on Hypocrisy. I got to sit next to the lovely Hannah and see some of my beautiful friends before heading home to do my hours worth of shoulder exercises (yawn)..

Now it's Monday morning and I am back at work ;( Come quickly next weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Priscilla said...

I understand the pain and frustration of having friends who are not believers and who don't understand. I guess that is why I find it so easy to fall into hanging so much with my Christian friends and not my non-Christian friends. It is easier...but is it what God wants for me? Remember how Jesus spent time with "sinners"? I'm glad you are keeping up your relationship with them. You may be the only "Jesus" they see. In the words of Mother Theresa, "We are Jesus to them."

We have family members on my husband's side in particular who don't understand.

Tue Aug 15, 05:30:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Thanks for the encouragement Priscilla, muchly appreciated.

Tue Aug 15, 09:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home