Monday, August 28, 2006

where did the weekend go?

So, where on earth did the weekend go? Friday night I got home and we ordered yummy Chinese takeout and watched the movie 'Goal' - I would recommend it, it was a good one. We went to bed really early as I was a tired little thing.

Saturday I got up and went to do the food shopping, I got home and helped get all our financial stuff up to date - yawn yawn yawn. Then.... I decided to put the pizza in the oven that I got for our lunch - we were both so looking forward to it - yummy Hawaiian - yeah baby. So I took the cling film off and put it in the oven. 15 minutes later 'ting ting ting' - the yummy Hawaiian pizza was ready to go. I went into the kitchen and took the said yummy pizza out of the oven - to find.... dom dom dom dom daaaaaaaaa. That this thick piece of plastic that I hadn't taken off stuck to the bottom - Grrrrrr. I tried to pull it off but couldn't and when I lifted it up to try again the topping all slid off.

I was not a happy chappy AT ALL I did have a bit of a giggle but due to the fact that I am looking after my hubby I was really discouraged by the 'pizza episode' :( I had crackers and cheese in the end and my SP had a sandwich.

Saturday night we went to the AFL and watched the Swans win. SP had to go in a wheelchair :( which worked out for the best
Sunday we had brunch with SP's parents who were in town and we spoke to his sister who was about to fly out to Bandeh Aceh, Indonesia to go see how some of the projects are going in getting the town back on it's feet since the tsunami. She did a lot of work there with the people after the Tsunami hit.

Sunday night we went to a training session called Growth Groups, on how to lead an effective bible study, it's going to be on for 7 weeks and it was really good fun and very interesting. I am looking forward to learning how I can better facilitate bible study and look after the people in our group.. Afterwards I went to have a drink with Han and then we went off to church and heard a cool sermon on Luke 12:35 - 13:9

What did you do this weekend?

7 Comments:

Blogger RodeoClown said...

Jen and I watched Goal! as well :)

Tue Aug 29, 08:53:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

I loved it, it was so good :) Apparently there will be two more movies about this guy!

Did you guys like it?

Tue Aug 29, 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

This weekend, I helped a friend to print out her wedding announcements. (I was the computer nerd in this case, though unqualified for the title)

We were supposed to have friends come to visit, but they did not call or arrive. It was tentative anyway, but dissappointing not to hear anything.

Sunday we went for a nice drive to some small towns. It took 3 hours on back roads. It was nice.

In the evenings we watched the BBC production of Pride and Prejudice which is great. Denis had not seen it before.

Tue Aug 29, 11:53:00 AM  
Blogger RodeoClown said...

It wasn't too bad :)
We enjoyed it.

Wed Aug 30, 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Pride and Prejudice is great :)

Did Denis like it?

Wed Aug 30, 11:10:00 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

AFter the first two episodes he said it was a bit of a chick movie. But at the end he said that it got better near the end. He especially liked Mr. Bennett. He had some great lines.

I like the scene where Lizzie is touring the Darcy estate and finally hearing about Mr. Darcy from the eyes of his servants and realizing that he is not at all the person that she had thought he was.

Wed Aug 30, 04:22:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

cool Tracy, glad he liked it :)

Thu Aug 31, 11:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home