Tuesday, September 05, 2006

12 steps to forgetting mr darcy


Han and I were talking about relationships yesterday and about how we have both at some point wanted the “Hollywood” relationship, where it all seems so easy, where there never seems to be any problems, it really is just perfect :) Now while we both know this is not a reality, let’s face it, it can be what a lot of girls desire. In real life it is hard, there are problems, BUT there are also great, amazing and wonderful things to experience in marriage. Anyhoo, Han told me I could write a book (I could never write a book, it is not my gift, it’s Marla’s) BUT we came up with a few titles for possible 'real life' books. There are a few inspired by Jane Austen :)

The Not So Perfect Couple
How to look for love in the non-fiction world
How you know your imperfections together
How to remove your planks and look at God instead
How to meet Mr. imperfect
You're man ain't perfect but neither are you
How to meet Mr not so right
What not to want
Mr and Mrs we have issues
12 steps to forgetting Mr Darcy
Rough Rocks becoming Smooth Stones
Meeting your Mr Collins....and learning to love him
How to know when to let the Wickham's of the world pass you by
The 12 guys in Austen
Real Life vs Austen
Elizabeth wasn't so perfect either
Darcy should have married his cousin
The modern day Darcy wouldn't be perfect
Settling for Bingley is ok
Mr Darcy was a snob, but at least Mr Collins asked
The Darcy's didn't have a perfect life
Lizzie learnt to love....so can you
Loving past your prejudices
Taking away your pride

Can you think of any?

27 Comments:

Blogger Catez said...

I like 12 Steps to forgetting Mr. Darcy - lol.

I found you through John Dekker's blog - I'm in New Zealand.

Tue Sep 05, 01:22:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Thanks catez - yeah I like that one too, thanks for stopping by :)

Tue Sep 05, 01:25:00 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

: Behind every 'Perfect' guy is his Mum....and her cleaning products

Tue Sep 05, 01:45:00 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

:You think 'Mr Perfect' is out there? Try switching off the Delusional TV for a change...

Tue Sep 05, 01:46:00 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

: If you think he's Mr Right....just take one look at his bathroom...

Tue Sep 05, 01:47:00 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

: Searching for MR Right? Try a different Planet

Tue Sep 05, 01:47:00 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

: looking for Mr Right? Look in the mirror and then go look for Mr Right For You

Tue Sep 05, 01:48:00 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

: Looking for 'Mr Perfect'? Try lowering your standards...a dog can only jump through so many hoops, no matter how well trained

Tue Sep 05, 01:50:00 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

I'm going to stop now while the men of this planet don't want to take an gun to me...yet

Tue Sep 05, 01:52:00 PM  
Blogger CraigS said...

lol guys - great post!

Tue Sep 05, 02:15:00 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

lol - I like "Mr & Mrs We have Issues".

I think the book "Finding the Hero in your Husband" might be on this topic...it's about reality vs the fairytale marriage - good book.

Tue Sep 05, 02:32:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Glad you like it Alison, I have heard about that book it sounds good, I must get a copy.

I like you're man ain't perfect but neither are you :) So true...

Tue Sep 05, 02:35:00 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

How about "You're not exactly Elizabeth Bennett yourself you know"

Tue Sep 05, 02:40:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

LOL Like that one Alison, keep them coming :)

Tue Sep 05, 02:43:00 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

I like that one Alison!

Tue Sep 05, 02:45:00 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I might get myself into trouble if I continue! :) Thanks for the laugh though - this topic cracked me up.

Tue Sep 05, 02:47:00 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

: Lizzie got Darcy..ok?! Now - no more adultery or idolatry

Tue Sep 05, 02:47:00 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

: What is wrong with Colonel Fitzwilliam?

Tue Sep 05, 02:48:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Might I suggest:

finding cinderella...a man's guide to stealing ladies' shoes

and

men are from mars...and refuse to ask for directions to sydney. How to make it to the outerspace market of good men

Tue Sep 05, 04:01:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

'frankly my dear, i don't give a dime; dating on a budget'

Tue Sep 05, 04:09:00 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Mary is my sister FYI :)

Tue Sep 05, 04:11:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Mary - I love it... Thanks.

Tue Sep 05, 05:56:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

I heard someone else say this

'men are from earth, women are from earth - the problem is sin'

Tue Sep 05, 06:03:00 PM  
Blogger onlinesoph said...

This is really funny! Thanks guys.

Wed Sep 06, 10:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Tracy said...

Hannah, you are on a roll. Great additions here in the comments!

I love the mum and her cleaning products. :o)

Wed Sep 06, 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger David said...

what about:

Loving Lizzie to get back at your wife who loves Mr. Darcy

???

Wed Oct 18, 09:44:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

That works David - ;)

Wed Oct 18, 09:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home