Friday, September 15, 2006

i love fridays



I love Friday's because it is the end of the week and the beginning of the weekend. I am particularly loving this Friday because the sun is shining, I went for a beautiful jog at the beach this morning, I found out I have a ticket to go to watch 'Idol' live on Sunday - WOO HOOT! and I am amazed this morning at how much God loves us, that he has chosen to give us life on earth and that we are able to enjoy his wonderful creation. I feel very much excited and alive today..

and in other news.......

We had Adventure Club yesterday which was so much fun. We were learning about Jesus being the servant king, this involved yours truly getting her feet washed by some little kids. I was amazed how when asked who wanted to clean my feet that all the kids put up their hands - weird!!! I had two little kids cleaning one foot (it tickled sooooooo much) and then two other kids cleaning my other foot. There was a lot of giggling, not just by me but by the little ones too. Some of them even started giving me a massage on my neck - now that's what I call serving :) It was amazing teaching them the story of Jesus cleaning his disciples feet and hearing them understand what serving means and what it might look like at Adventure Club. That it is not about self it is about putting others first. Anyhoo, we had lots of fun and we are still getting new people coming to check us out, even as we are drawing close to the end of term. Please pray as one of our leaders Kerryn has found out she has glandular fever = not good, I pray she gets better very soon.

Have a great weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger SamR said...

anonymous I hope you're joking - cos that's just rude.
Nixter - Soph and I are going for Lisa and that shaggy haired guy - so cheer for them for us.
You did a great job at adventure club yesterday!

Fri Sep 15, 10:08:00 PM  
Blogger mike said...

Woot Nix. Idol is Chav...

Anon you are smoking crack if you are serious.

Sat Sep 16, 10:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home