Thursday, September 14, 2006

king cat charlie

I

Let me introduce you to 'King Cat' Charlie - he is my cat or should I say he is now my Mum's cat, we got him when he was a kitten when I was about 18. My Mum didn't really want a cat but let me get one anyway and has grown to love him :) When I moved out I couldn't take Charlie with me so he stayed with my Mum, he must be nearly 11 now and is still going strong.

The reason he is King Cat is because I used to lift him up in the air and call him that name. He thinks he is the King cat in my Mum's neighbourhood! He is a funny thing, he isn't very friendly but when you get his food ready he bites your toes and dribbles on them too - I think that is him showing affection! One year in the back garden we found a zillion frogs he had killed - the little serial killer.

This photo is one I took when I was home last year, he was climbing on the roof of the houses where my Mum lives and I went to take a picture, he looked directly at me as I took the picture and look what happened to his eyes - it's a freaky pic but very cool. If you click on the pic you can see it much better!

8 Comments:

Blogger Priscilla said...

The eyes are so cool. It does look kind of freaky. I have a theory on why God made animal eyes like that. So we wouldn't be as likely to hit them with cars at night. See? He was thinking about that waaaaaay back before cars.

Thu Sep 14, 11:51:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

LOL Priscilla - good point.

We all those lights in the middle of the road when you drive - 'cat's eyes' - for that reason. What do you call them?

Fri Sep 15, 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Hmmm. I don't think we have a special name for them. When we see them...we say, "Watch out, there's an animal in the road." It could be anything. A cat, raccoon, skunk, dog, fox, coyote...

Fri Sep 15, 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

That is a very freaky picture!

We call those lights 'cat's eyes' too.

Fri Sep 15, 11:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Tracy said...

Very impressive photo! His eyes were open very wide, weren'they?

Fri Sep 15, 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

hat's cool Lara ;) Yeah eyes are wide open.. So bizarre but a great shot...

Fri Sep 15, 12:55:00 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

(I'm fixing the typos. Sorry.)

My kiddos and I learned about eye shine in homeschooling last year. Seems nocturnal animals have a special layer of cells, called the tapetum, behind the retina. That is what makes their eyes shine in the dark.

Sat Sep 16, 06:25:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

cool Martha - thanks for the will have to tell my hubby - we were talking about why that happens the other dy :)

Sat Sep 16, 01:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home