Monday, September 04, 2006

shorts, skirts, sunscreen, sunnies and flip-flops


Oh my what a wonderful sunny weekend we had. I woke up on Saturday morning and the sun was shining, it is quite amazing what a difference having the sun out makes to how you feel.

- Saturday morning I wasn't looking forward to all the things I had ahead of me, cleaning, shopping, tidying up - but then a unplanned phone call from good friends interrupted my 'cleaning of the house'. A couple from church asked if we wanted to go and have lunch at the beach. Hmmmm so I was in a dilemma 'clean the house OR go for lunch at the beach' I mean what to do what to do....... SP and I mulled over the options, debated to and fro about this decision that needed to be made.

Not really!!!! As you can imagine we said "YES PLEASE" straight away, I finished off most of the house work, got showered and ready to go and before you know it we were driving the 5 minute drive along the beach to have lunch with great friends. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh - I felt the serenity.

- Saturday night was takeout and movie night, we just chilled out, got a couple of movies and enjoyed a night at home - what a great thing to do on a Saturday night - did anyone else do that?? :)

- Sunday morning we had to go pick up a Father's Day present for SP's Dad (nothing like last minute) and then headed off to meet SP's parents to go to the Swans game and to make the "exchange".... Nothing dodgy guys just swapped cars with them - we are now the proud drivers of a Subaru Outback - how Aussie :) This just gives us a bit more freedom with getting around as this car is a automatic which means SP can drive.. We went to watch the last Swannies game and watched them win win win win win... Then it was off to church...

- This morning I got up at 6am to go for a 'walk slash jog' down to the beach, obviously SP didn't join me for this, but it was so amazing to see the sun rise from behind the ocean and to see it beam down on the water and beach. How blessed we are to live in such a beautiful country. In between by 'walk slash jog' I sat down and prayed to God, it is amazing how we can sometimes just give him the drags of the day, a little time when we can fit him in when he should be our priority, I was really convicted by the fact that I very often only offer prayers to him and time to him when I can slot him into my day. We should be giving him the firstfruits, the prime time, the beginning, the midday, the end of our day. I pray that this might change as I reflect about this and realise that God has done so much for me through his sons death that he deserves nothing less than being the priority in my life.

- Praise God for SP's appointment at the doctors this morning, he went to see the surgeon and found out he is only in the cast for another 4 weeks - this is the best possible scenario given the injury. He will get out of the cast on his birthday and he will have physio until mid December - exactly when we fly out to England. This also means that he will be out of his cast by the time we move, he will still be restricted and have to be careful but at least he won't have to get around on those crutches anymore. You might think we have a God who is sovereign and who listens to our prayers :) Thanks for all your prayers, I hope you had a great weekend too...

- I forgot to mention any of the words in the title of the blog - BUT I got to wear - shorts, sunscreen and flip-flops, a sure sign Spring is here and Summer is just around the corner...

1 Comments:

Blogger SamR said...

Your flip flops look like your blog...

Mon Sep 04, 12:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home