Thursday, September 07, 2006

squeezing in my God time

As I was walking/jogging down at the beach on Monday morning I stopped to pray (very rushed - 'I don't really have time for this' prayers) I was struck by how my life is so busy, how finding balance is so hard. How I want to do all these great things but don't have the time or I am too tired..

WELL NO MORE!!! I have prayed...

I have been totally convicted this week to spend more quality time with God, giving him the first fruits of my day not the tired rotten fruit on the floor, just because I think I 'should'. Now it is not because if I don't I think I will go straight to hell, without passing Go and without collecting $200, BECAUSE God has already DONE what is necessary for me to be saved and know him, he sent his son Jesus to die in my place AND I have assurance in knowing he has chosen me before the beginning of time to be his child.

We are however called to 'pray without ceasing' and I know that reading the bible means I get to know more about this great God of ours and it also gives me great ways in which I can live my life for him. The more I read the more God speaks to me and the more I know of his character and love. How amazing a God we have.

I want God to be first in my life and I want to spend more time with him, not because I have to or 'should' but because I want to. Life can get so busy and hectic that I can find it difficult to ‘squeeze’ God time in, even when I manage to ‘squeeze’ God time in, this is also rushed.. Please pray that daily I might not just squeeze God time in but that it would be a pure joy and a priority for me to come before him, talking to him and learning more about who he is by reading his word.

How great it is to have a relational God who loves us so much, who came to earth for us, who died in our place and who will one day return to take home those who put their trust in him so we can spend eternity in heaven. Let's rejoice in this knowledge and truth.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kymmy said...

Nice work Nix. It's tough to fit in everything. I'm at the point now where it's God or exercise in the morning. Sometimes that's hard cause i'd like to be out having a run or something. I've also started putting talks on my i-pod and "god" music (as mcqueen would say) that's a good way to have more time with God too.

Thu Sep 07, 01:48:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I have been trying to do this too. I also was convicted that I should pray for understanding before I start to read God's word. It is so easy to just read it without really considering what it means for my life.

Thu Sep 07, 01:55:00 PM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Me too! I've really been struggling with this same thing. I want to walk closer to him!

Fri Sep 08, 06:14:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

"god" music = lol

Let's all pray for each other about this :)

Fri Sep 08, 09:55:00 AM  
Blogger onlinesoph said...

You're so right, and this is something that's been on my mind too.

I think I need to start waking up early again...even though it's so hard!

Fri Sep 08, 03:18:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

I agree Soph, maybe we could keep each other accountable for that :)

Mon Sep 11, 09:21:00 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

Hey Nixter, this is a really encouraging and challenging post. It's something that I need to focus on more as well. Thanks!

Mon Sep 11, 06:11:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

No probs Lara, glad you found it encouraging :)

Tue Sep 12, 09:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home