Friday, September 01, 2006

this 'n' that

Today is the first glorious day of Spring, I love Spring, no too hot,not too cold. It really brought a smile and inner joy to my heart today to have the sun shining and to know Spring is finally here.

SP and I are off to his works bi-annual ball tonight - this means dressing up, which can be fun but I prefer my jeans. Should be a great night though - very fancy apparently - no dancing with my hubby unless we do the crutch-step or maybe the boot crutching boogie???

It is Father's Day here this Sunday but not in England, I keep getting it all wrong now as I don't get to see the prompting TV advertising to remind me it is Father's Day in England so this means nixie = bad daughter... In fact I just checked and I missed it... Oopsey

3 and 1/2 months until we go to England (not that I am counting :). We just found out that not all of Korean Airlines have planes with their own TVs. Man if we had of known that we would have flown with someone else - I realise this is not the end of the world but it is an awfully long way.

SP and I have been married nearly 5 months

SP goes to the surgeon on Monday to find out about his leg, please pray it might be good news and the recover and time spent in the cast won't be too long.

In one weeks time SP and I and a lovely couple we know are going to spend the weekend at SP's parents - can't wait, we planned it a long time ago and it is almost here.

I am so excited that beach time is here, woo hoot.

I am loving Australian Idol at the moment - it had been on EVERY night this week. I think I might have OD'd

I love that feeling of knowing that our God is in control and knowing that he loves up - that deep down inside understanding - I have it today and it is sooooo good.

Pray you all have a great weekend and that you might ALL be filled with the knowledge that God totally loves you and wants the best for you - what good news to have because of what Jesus has done for us - rejoice in this knowledge this weekend.

What are you looking forward to this weekend?

13 Comments:

Blogger onlinesoph said...

THE WEATHER! Apparently it's 27 degrees this weekend!

Just went on a long and lazy lunch with girls from work and I got all excited about spring all of a sudden, because spring means skirts and sun and the beach!!

Also, I am overloading on A.Idol too, except I can't watch it anymore because the performances on sundays only now...boo...my favourite is Lisa who I call the Missy Higgins chick.

Fri Sep 01, 01:45:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

She is totally my fav too :) Would like to see her win..

Fri Sep 01, 02:03:00 PM  
Blogger mike said...

Idol is so Chav :P...

Fri Sep 01, 02:15:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

whatevet trevor ;P

Fri Sep 01, 02:17:00 PM  
Blogger mike said...

Oh and multi coloured posts...

embrace the inner Chav Nix.

Fri Sep 01, 02:23:00 PM  
Blogger mike said...

Oh congrats on being married for 5 months.

Fri Sep 01, 02:30:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Hey gorgeous - I loved the colours in your post...

I am looking forward to no school for my boys!!! (they love it, I dont - bit of a role reversal there??)

Fri Sep 01, 02:44:00 PM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

It is so funny to read your post...because everything is the opposite here! Autumn is coming! Coolness is in the air! School will be starting again in less than a week! I'm ready for pumpkins, crisp apples, and cider! I'm ready for beautiful fall colors all over the trees! Hurray!

(I love it when Spring comes too...but it is time for Fall!)

Sat Sep 02, 03:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Mom said...

Hi Nicki, hi all you bloggers.

I'm jealous, to hear you talking about spring it makes me envious. I think we have had our summer now, not that it lasts as long as yours. August has been a bit of a damp squid, not very good at all.

So now we are in the throes of Autumn, dark nights, wet weather, nothing unusal, in good old blighty. But hey, my little darlings will be here soon so I can live with that.

We have Pop Idol, (United Kingdom)here at the moment, which is hilarious. Sorry to say it but there are a few odd balls. They have people of all ages on there from 18 to 70 so you can image what it is like. We are enjoying it though and it is highly addictive, keeps us entertained in the Autumn.

Married 5 months then you old married woman you. I must admit that when I talk to both it sounds as if you have been married for years, you are so together, which is lovely. Can't believe it is that long ago since we were over.

I'm blogging well today : )aren't I.

Nick you need to get the foot on there so I can tell the 5th Metatarsal story, I am sure that will be one for debate.

Anyway that's all for now, will blog soon.

Love you both loads.

Mom xx xx xx

Sat Sep 02, 04:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Mom said...

Sorry about the double version of the same thing but when I posted the first time it did not work

Sat Sep 02, 04:56:00 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Howdy you spring time things! It is approaching autumn here too, but our weather is still nice in Southern Oregon. It is getting cooler at night, but still quite warm during the daytime. We enjoy both spring and fall here the best.

This weekend, I'm not going to be doing too much exciting. My honey has to work. But Monday is a holiday and my church has a picnic. That will be a lot of fun!

In another week my favorite reality show will start up for season 10. It is The Amazing Race. Woo Hoot! ;)

Sat Sep 02, 09:57:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Mike you crack me up :)

Ruth - glad you liked my colours, I just went all Spring like - I am wearing shorts for the first time today :) Yeh for no school :)

Priscilla I love fall too - it is a very pretty season, I love to see tehe leaves turn all wonderful colours - yep it's a good season..

Tracy - enjoy the picnic I am sure it will be fun and OH MY GOSH I LOVE AMAZING RACE TOO. Wish it was starting here too... Love Spring-thing :)

Sat Sep 02, 01:00:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Hi Mum, you know you can solve that problem of jealousy and come and move here if you like :) It is so nice you know you would love it.

Yea I miss Pop Idol - it is certainly out there for sure.

Will post that pic up this weekend sometime.

Love you and chat to you soon:)

Sat Sep 02, 01:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home