Thursday, September 28, 2006

thursday - the new friday.......


....well at least this week it is. Today (Thursday) is just like Friday, I am taking the day off tomorrow as we are heading down to Melbourne, so my weekend starts early and it is a holiday on Monday. I am so excited - Woo Hoot!

SP got a call yesterday from his surgeon with some 'not so great' news - he has to be on crutches for another 2 weeks and can't drive for that time either He gets his cast of next Wednesday but needs to still be using crutches so he can gradually build up strength in his leg again. His leg has lost a lot of muscle tone because he hasn't walked on it for over 6 weeks, so it is going to take some time to build it up again. Oh well, it is what it is and nothing is going to change that so I am not letting it get to me, we are going to soldier on and just get through it...

Please pray for all the visa stuff I still have to do, nearly everything I have tried to get like the 'official' marriage certificate (the one you get and sign on the actually day is just for 'decorative' purposes - how silly), it came back incorrectly, then the new address for my driver's licence hasn't arrived, they have sent 2 and still nothing. Nothing seems to be going right, but I know we will have it all together for when we need it but it is so frustrating when you are trying to be organised and forces outside your control make it very trying and a lot harder than it needs to be. I also have a deadline which is a week Sunday, so I have to get to the immigration office next Tuesday - yikes!!

Tonight some friends are taking us out for dinner for SP's birthday - which is so so kind. Then off to Melbourne tomorrow morning until Sunday - the game is on Saturday lunchtime (I think). On Monday we are having a birthday lunch for SP's 30th, (his birthday is actually on Wednesday), so all in all it should be a great super fun weekend. I do hope you all have a great weekend. Happy Thursday to you all - remember it's the new Friday.

What are you up to this long weekend?

4 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

Hey, are you going to the grand final? I won't even be able to watch it on TV, which is sad. My brother is over in Perth at the moment and looking forward to barracking for the Swans in the middle of all the West Coast supporters!

This weekend I have a bridesmaid dress fitting, hens party and kitchen tea. And I have to write a lecture for CASE. Too busy!

Hope you have a fantastic time in Melbourne!

Thu Sep 28, 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Yeah how cool is that?!?!?!?

My friend who works for ECOM will be in Perth this weekend and is gunning for the Swans too...

Man sounds like you have a busy one, hope it is all fun and good times, hope CASE goes well :)

Will let you know all about my weekend when I get back..

Thu Sep 28, 12:35:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

This weekend is the Diabetes walk and I have to be there at 7 AM! Yuck. I'm going to be glad to have this behind me and I won't have to go to meetings and have to do for it any more. :o)

Plus, the walk itself will be great exercise.

Sat Sep 30, 01:53:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Hope the walk went well Tracy :)

Sun Oct 01, 06:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home