Tuesday, October 03, 2006

51 things about me

Priscilla started off a "51 things about me' frenzy, so here are mine:

1. I have red hair.
2. When I was younger people used to call me ginger nut and carrot top :(
3. I love palm trees.
4. The first verse I learnt in the bible was Philippians 4:13.
5. I really don't like crows, ravens or magpies - they freak me out.
6. I am English.
7. On 8th October 06 I will have been married for 6 months.
8. I love beans on toast with grated cheese on top.
9. I will eat cheese on just about anything - I love it.
10. If ever I have any illness/sickness I immediately think it is something serious and I am going to die - how dramatic!
11. I love sitting in the sun.
12. SP doesn't like me sitting in the sun.
13. Hazelnut lattes from Starbucks are my favourite.
14. I miss my friends and family in England.
15. I have met lots of great friends in Australia.
16. When I first got to Australia I thought the sound of a Kookaburra was a monkey.
17. I have two very cheeky half sisters who I adore.
18. I love sunsets and sunrises.
19. I really want to visit New York.
20. I hate cockroaches - they give me the heeby geebies.
21. I like to make up new words - WOO HOOT.
22. My favourite colour is purple.
23. I love to make jewelry, especially ear-rings.
24. I would love to have a beautiful singing voice.
25. I really like cows.
26. I love bananas.
27. I miss bananas.
28. I love most sports as long as I understand the rules and objectives of the game.
29. My Mum lives in the same house I lived in from when I was born until I moved out at 21.
30. I love the smell of a Sunday roast.
31. I love the smell of bleach, I bleach everything.
32. I don't like people touching the bottom of my feet.
33. I worked at an Optical store in England for 6 years.
34. I have met Sir Ian Mckellan (Gandalf in LOTR) a couple of times.
35. Emma Thompson was my hero when I was growing up.
36. Emma Thompson was behind me in a queue at Bond Street tube station in London.
37. I want to hold a Koala.
38. My first name is actually Nicola.
39. No-one calls me Nicola.
40. When I lived at home I had a pet hamster called 'Geoffrey'.
41. I like beer, a lot. Not a lot of beer, I just like beer a lot.
42. I became a Christian when I was 19 years old.
43. In my first 18 months of living in Australia I managed to kill 5 pet fish.
44. One of the pet fish I killed was called 'Shark bait - ooh ha ha' he was my fav.
45. I get totally patriotic when my country plays football.
46. I met my Australian hubby in England, 5 months before I came to Australia.
47. I don't wear high heels as they make me walk like a duck.
48. I can do this funny thing with my eyes - but I can't show you here.
49. When I sit in the sun I get lots of freakles on my face.
50. One of my favourite types of food is Mexican.
51. I have really long toes.

34 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Oh Nixter. Your list is great! I have learned many of these things about you so far. But there were some surprises. :o)

Beans on toast with cheese sounds good.

Tue Oct 03, 04:04:00 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

What kind of beans?

When I was younger people used to call me tow head (Toe-head? Who wants to be called that?)
Where in NY do you want to visit?
Cockroaches, bad, very yucky!
High heels hurt my feet. I don't wear them either.

Wed Oct 04, 04:47:00 AM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Don't they have bananas in Australia?

Wed Oct 04, 09:35:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Heinz Baked Beans = yummo!!

toe-head = nobody wants to be called that :( I won't ever call you that :)

I want to go everywhere, iceskating, central park, 5th ave. You guys could maybe show me the 'hot spots'.

Wed Oct 04, 09:45:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Priscilla, we do but they cost $2-$3 for one at the moment because of a cyclone that hit North Queensland where a lot of the bananas are produced, and the PM decided not to import any from elsewhere. This was a year ago and prices are still crazy, hopefully they will come down in price soon, if not I am going to eat so many in England that I am totally sick on them by the time I get back to Oz.

Wed Oct 04, 09:45:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

You should definately try it Tracy - it is soooooo good. Which ones surprised you?

Wed Oct 04, 09:45:00 AM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Nixter,
The common misconception is that we know all the hotspots of NY city. I've actually only been to NY city once. The city is about 300 miles from here. (I've driven through it a few more times than that...but I'm talking about to actually get out of the car and walk around)

We live in upstate NY. I live in the Finger Lakes Region which is quite rural. Martha lives east of the city of Rochester in another fairly rural area.

This problem of people thinking we live in NY city and know all about it is a fairly common one...even to people in other parts of the US.

Look at a map of England. Pick a spot that is approximately 483 kilometers from London and you get the idea.

Wed Oct 04, 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

My cousin's husband is from upstate NY, it is meant to be very beautiful.
Sorry I fell into the 'think you know all the hot spots' trap. Maybe I would prefer upstate NY, you can maybe show me the hot spots there!

Wed Oct 04, 11:58:00 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I've been to NYC three times. Twice just for a day or so, but once I visited for a week. I've done most of the tourist things at least once. So, Nix, I can show you around! He he he... Definitely something that D and I want to do together.

Wed Oct 04, 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

That's a deal Tracy :)

Wed Oct 04, 01:05:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

surprising things about nixter -
#3, 10, 19, 23, 31, 43, 47 and 51

I like the name of your fish. :o)

Wed Oct 04, 11:56:00 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

I have never been to NY City either. I have a friend who lives in the Bronx and I would love to see her again sometime. Her husband is "the Bronx artist" (do a google search) and they do a lot of traveling in Europe.

Thu Oct 05, 03:38:00 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Never mind, that google search won't get you very far. Check out artwing.com instead.

Thu Oct 05, 03:40:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

I liked it too, you know where it's from?

Thu Oct 05, 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

yes indeedy I do!

I think you should get a new fish and name it shark bait-ooh ha ha 2

Thu Oct 05, 11:57:00 AM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Oh good! So Tracy can show us all around NY city!!!

Thu Oct 05, 01:05:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

sounds like a plan girlies

I shall bring 'Shark bait - oh ha ha 2' with me ;)

Thu Oct 05, 02:00:00 PM  
Blogger kristina said...

i want to go to nyc too.

7. On 8th October 06 I will have been (unmarried for 5 years).
11. I love sitting in the sun.
19. I really want to visit New York.
20. I hate cockroaches - they give me the heeby geebies.
41. I like beer, a lot. Not a lot of beer, I just like beer a lot.
42. I became a Christian when I was 19 years old.

Thu Oct 05, 02:18:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

are those things about you that are like me Kristina?

Yoiu can come on our trip to NY too :)

Thu Oct 05, 03:19:00 PM  
Blogger kristina said...

yep- those are what we have in common. i would love to go to new york.

i went to ny once. i had a hard time finding a native new yorker who had been to the statue of liberty. so i have been wondering if sydneans (is that a word?) have been to the famous opera house.

Fri Oct 06, 02:24:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

I haven't actually been inside the Sydney Opera house but I get to see it everyday on my way to and from work :)

Fri Oct 06, 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Here is our itinerary:

eat pizza by the slice
order in chinese food
italian food in little italy
ride the subway
hail a taxi
go to Macy's and Sak's
Sear's tower
Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty
Metropolitan museum of art
Lower East Side Tenement Museum
stroll through central park
visit NY Times Square church, started by David Wilkerson, author of The Cross and the Switchblade and founder of Teen Challenge ministry.

I think that's a good start. :o)

Fri Oct 06, 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Oh dear. I forgot to include the Broadway (or off-Broadway) show. How could I forget?

Fri Oct 06, 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

wow sounds wonderful, I am going to save those ideas for when it actually happens ;) I love it Tracy, you rock!!!

When are we going to fit in back scratching?

Fri Oct 06, 01:28:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Anytime's a good time to scratch your back, I say. When we are out and about, we may have to use the buddy system. :o)

Fri Oct 06, 02:46:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

good idea - you have struck yourself another deal....

Fri Oct 06, 02:55:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

CORRECTION:

I told Denis about my fabulous NYC itinerary and he said, "When did the move the Sears Tower to NYC?" DUH! That's in Chicago. It's the Empire State Building that we will visit in NYC. I'm surprised that got by everyone... :o)

Mon Oct 09, 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

LOL Tracy, I had NO IDEA, but I am English and I do live in Australia so I think I am excused.

Martha and Priscilla though hmmmmmmm..... ;)

Mon Oct 09, 12:44:00 PM  
Blogger emily said...

Hey Nixter! Thanks for checking out my blog! I came to yours and it was fun to get to know you through this post! You are cool!

Tue Oct 10, 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Cheers Emily - you are pretty cool too.

Tue Oct 10, 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger T said...

I really like cows,I do not like people touching my feet(don't even look like you are or you will surely die!)I had two gerbils when I lived at home .
and what kind of beer, dark or light... micro brews ooooohhhhh aaaaahhhhh! ;)

Sun Oct 15, 05:12:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Light beer lm1 BUT I lurveeeee guiness tooo AND we went to a place recently and they give you little samples ranging from alcoholic ginger beer to dark beer and I loved them ALL. I am not much of a dark beer fan normally. You??

Sun Oct 15, 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger T said...

suprisingly enough guiness is sorta light to me.... I like the micro brews more on the dark bitter side...I can make a killer black and tan...light beer on the bottom and guiness dark on the top all in one glass...tastie!
oregon has spoiled me... we I swear are major beer drinkers here and like our micro's. :)

Mon Oct 16, 04:03:00 AM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Not sure if I would like them but I would be prepared to give them a go :) Tracy was telling me about the beer in Oregon - yummo. I must pay you guys a visit and try some...

Mon Oct 16, 10:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home